Women’s Self Defense Workshops
Learn effective self defense techniques for real-world situations in these 2-hour workshops for teen and adult women. Taught by Kimberly Bowen, 3rd degree black belt in Shaolin White Dragon Kung Fu, meditation teacher, and leader of Macabee Martial Arts Seattle. Register here.
Intro to Women’s Self Defense
12:30 – 2:30. Cost: $30 (free for Intro graduates)
Train in how to avoid attacks, take charge of the situation, and practice techniques to defend yourself. No experience necessary, all levels of ability welcome.
Practice defending your boundaries and hone your defense tools to cause pain and neutralize the attacker.
Learn techniques to defend against a running charge, being grabbed and dragged, and front and side chokes.
Women’s Self Defense Level 2
2:45 – 4:45. Cost: $40
Ready to take it to the next level? Learn proven techniques for:
• Blocking punches
• Taking the attacker to the ground and neutralizing him
• Defense against rear neck choke
• Defense on the ground: straddled or pinned
Krav Maga Self Defense Training
Learn the most effective techniques to defend yourself on the street and in your home. Class starts with warm up, physical training, and drills followed by 30 minutes of technique training and practice. Close with stretching and core strengthening. Moderate, for all levels and abilities. Fall session runs 9/5 through 12/12.
- Tuesday 6:30 – 7:30 pm at BCMH in SE Seattle. Fall quarter September 5 through December 12.
- Cost: $120/quarter, pay in advance. Individual classes $15 each.
- Try one class free! Email to Kimberly@kimberlybowen.com.
- Register here
Kung Fu for All Levels
Get strong, have fun, and learn the art of self defense. Ages 6 to adult learn kung fu basics, Pai Lum and Hungar forms, and practical self defense. Kids sharpen skills with Sumo wrestling and adults and advanced levels with kung fu sparring. Opportunity to advance to the next level through sash testing at the end of each quarter. Taught by Sifu Kim and Sifu Oliver. Fall session runs 9/5 – 12/14.
- Kung Fu Basics Tuesday & Thursday, 4:30 – 5:30 pm and Sunday Noon-1:00 at BCMH in SE Seattle. Register here for unlimited Kung Fu classes.
- Intermediate/Advanced Kung Fu Tuesday & Thursday 5:30 to 6:25.
- Sunday Kung Fu: Beginners noon – 1:00. Intermediate/Advanced 10:00 to 1:00. Register here for Sundays-only at BCMH. (No additional charge for Tuesday/Thursday students.)
- Intro Special: One week free! Sign up below.
- K-5 Kung Fu after-school in North Seattle: Monday & Wednesday, 3:50-5:00 at BASE program at SJCS. Email to Register here.
Meditation and Healing
Kimberly Bowen also teaches a transformational 4-week meditation course through the Training in Power Academy. View her teaching profile here, and contact Kimberly if you would like more information or would like to schedule a free energy healing session.
Kung Fu Vacation Camp
Activities include Kung Fu and self defense classes, sports and team building games, free time in the park, visits to the library, and movies for rainy days. Co-taught by Sifu Jun and Sifu Kim and based at JunHong’s Kung Fu Club at 50th and S. Genessee.
- Ages 7 and up
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday of Thanksgiving week
- 8:30-9:30 Drop Off
- 1:30 early pick up (half day), 6:30 late pick up (full day, includes evening kung fu classes)
- Half Day $200 (9:30 to 1:30)
- Full Day $300 (9:30 to 6:30) for one week; $250/week if register for 2 or 3. 4 weeks for $850!
- Full day includes tuition for evening kung fu classes at Macabee Martial Arts and JunHong’s Kung Fu Club.
- To reserve your spot and for questions and inquiries about special pricing, contact Sifu Kim by email. Or call or text 206.979.0459.