Women’s Self Defense Workshops
Learn effective self defense techniques for real-world situations in this 2-hour introductory workshop. Build your confidence and skills in a supportive environment and leave knowing that you are worth defending and that you can take charge!
Taught by Kimberly Bowen, 3rd degree black belt in Shaolin White Dragon Kung Fu, meditation teacher, and leader of Macabee Martial Arts Seattle.
- For adult and teen women
- Cost: $30 for intro, $40 for Level 2 (includes Intro.) 2-hours each.
- Saturday in September at Highline Athletic Club, 125 S 156th St, Burien.
Krav Maga Self Defense Training
Learn the most effective techniques to defend yourself on the street and in your home. Class starts with warm up, physical training, and drills followed by 30 minutes of technique training and practice. Close with stretching and core strengthening. Moderate, for all levels and abilities.
- Tuesday 6:30 – 7:30 pm at BCMH in SE Seattle. Fall quarter starts September 5th. (No class 2nd Tuesday each month.)
- Cost: $40/month, pay in advance. Drop in $15 each.
- Try one class free! Email to Kimberly@kimberlybowen.com.
- Register here
Kung Fu for All Levels
Get strong, have fun, and learn the art of self defense. Ages 6 to adult learn kung fu basics, Pai Lum and Hungar forms, and practical self defense. Kids sharpen skills with Sumo wrestling and adults and advanced levels with kung fu sparring. Opportunity to advance to the next level through sash testing at the end of each quarter. Taught by Sifu Kim and Sifu Oliver.
- Beginners/All Levels Kung Fu Tuesday & Thursday, 4:00 – 5:00 pm and Sunday Noon-1:00 at BCMH in SE Seattle. Register here for unlimited Kung Fu classes.
- Intermediate/Advanced Kung Fu Tuesday & Thursday 5:00 to 6:15.
- Intro Special: First two weeks free! Sign up below.
- All Levels: Register here for Sundays-only at BCMH. Beginners noon- 1:00. Intermediate/Advanced 10:00 to 1:00, by invitation only. (No additional charge for Tuesday/Thursday students.)
- K-5 After School in North Seattle: Monday & Wednesday, 3:50-5:00 at BASE program at SJCS. Email to Register here.
Kung Fu Summer Camp
Activities include morning and evening Kung Fu and self defense classes, sports and team building games, free time in the park, hikes through Seward Park, movies for rainy days, and swimming. Co-taught by Sifu Jun and Sifu Kim and based at JunHong’s Kung Fu Club at 50th and S. Genessee.
- Ages 7 and up
- Monday – Friday: July 10 – 14, July 17 – 21, July 24 – 28, August 4 – 8
- 8:30-9:30 Drop Off (free early dropoff)
- 1:30 early pick up (half day), 6:30 late pick up (full day, includes evening kung fu classes)
Tuition Per Week:
- Half Day $200 (9:30 to 1:30)
- Full Day $300 (9:30 to 6:30) for one week; $250/week if register for 2 or 3. 4 weeks for $850!
- Full day includes July-August tuition for all Macabee Martial Arts classes and evening kung fu classes on Mon/Wed/Fri at JunHong’s Kung Fu Club.
- For questions and inquiries about special pricing, contact Sifu Kim.
Meditation and Healing
Kimberly Bowen also teaches a transformational 4-week meditation course through the Training in Power Academy. View her teaching profile here, and contact Kimberly if you would like more information or would like to schedule a free energy healing session.