Krav Maga Self Defense Series II
Tuesdays, Jan 8, 15, 22, 29 from 7:00 – 8:00pm
$60 for 4-week series
For teens and adults
Series 2 strengthens foundational defense skills learned in Men’s Krav and Women’s Self Defense Series I and Intro Workshops. Review defense against grabs and chokes and learn how to fall safely, defend against punches, defend from the ground, and knife defense. Based on Commando Krav Maga and American Women’s Self Defense Association system. Register here.
Women’s Self Defense Intro Workshop
Sunday, January 6 from 3:00 to 5:00
Junhong Kung Fu Club, 50th & Genessee
For teen and adult women
$40 for 2-hour workshop (Free for graduates) — Half price if you sign up for 4-week Self Defense Series II.
Develop your Voice of Power and Take Charge Attitude. Train in techniques to defend against chokes, grabs, and punches. All levels of fitness and ability welcome. Prerequisite to Women’s Self Defense Series II. Register here.
Self Defense Workplace Seminars
The Self Defense Intensive Intro makes a great team building activity that provides valuable safety and defense skills in a fun, interactive way. Ideal as a two-hour or half-day seminar. For companies that want to provide a fitness and defense program, a series of one-hour classes can help develop the full range of basic defense skills. Contact Sifu Kimberly Bowen or call 206.979.0459 to request a program that meets your needs.
Self Defense and Safety for Kids
Sifu Kim makes it fun! Learn ways to be smart about your safety in any situation, and how to use your awareness and your Voice of Power to avoid attack. You also practice some easy, effective defense techniques you can use against big people or playground bullies. Great for schools, parties, or community groups. One to two hours, depending on ages. Contact Sifu Kim at email@example.com or 206.979.0459.
Kung Fu for Everyone
Get strong, have fun, and learn the art of self defense. Ages 7 to adult learn kung fu basics, Pai Lum and Hungar forms, and practical self defense. Kids sharpen skills with Sumo wrestling and adults and intermediate and advanced levels with kung fu sparring. Opportunity to advance to the next level through sash testing at the end of each quarter. Taught by Sifu Kim and Sifu Oliver.
- Kung Fu Basics: Tuesday & Thursday, 4:30 – 5:30 pm and Sunday Noon-1:00 at BCMH in SE Seattle. Register here for unlimited Kung Fu classes.
- Intermediate/Advanced Kung Fu: Tuesday, 5:30 to 6:30. Advanced Forms and Self Defense. Blue sash and above, or by invitation.
- Sparring Fundamentals: Thursday, 5:30 to 6:30. By instructor invitation.
- Sunday Kung Fu: Beginners noon – 1:00. Intermediate/Advanced 10:00 to 1:00, by invitation. Register here for Sundays-only at BCMH. (No additional charge for Tuesday/Thursday students.)
- After-School Kung Fu Club: Includes pickup from Graham Hill and Hamlin Robinson, park or library time, an extra 30-minute kung fu lesson, and Tu/Thu/Sun Kung Fu Basics class. Register here.
- Kung Fu at Orca K-8: Click here to register for Orca Plus, Mondays and Wednesdays after school for grades 1-8 (select Enrichment at My School)
- Intro Special: One week of Kung Fu for free! Sign up below.
Kung Fu Adventure Camps
Activities include Kung Fu and self defense classes with most of the day spent outside in active play and fieldtrips. Visits to the library for rainy days. Co-taught by Sifu Jun and Sifu Kim. Based at JunHong’s Kung Fu Club at 50th and S. Genessee.
- All camps ages 7 and up.
- Vacation Camps: Seattle Public Schools Spring Break
- Summer Camp Sessions start 2nd week of July.
- All Camps: $250/week or $60/day
- Summer Camp tuition includes one month of kung fu classes at Macabee Martial Arts and JunHong’s Kung Fu Club.
- Questions? Contact Sifu Kim by email. Or call or text 206.979.0459.
Meditation and Healing
Training in Power Level 1: The Prophet
Monday evenings: March 4, 11, 18, 25, 6:30 to 9:00
Kimberly Bowen teaches a transformational 4-week meditation course through the Training in Power Academy. View Kimberly’s teaching profile here, and contact Kimberly if you would like more information or would like to schedule a free energy healing session.
The Children’s Course: Meditation for ages 8-12
Saturdays: March 2, 9, 16, 23 1:00 to 3:00pm
Saturdays: April 27 and May 4, 11, 18, 1:00 to 3:00pm
Children learn meditation and relaxation techniques geared to their age. They learn what to do when they feel angry or frustrated and how to protect themselves from negative thoughts and actions. This Training in Power Academy course was designed to bring children and parents together in a special bond of communication. The Children’s Course honors the child’s intuitive powers and individuality, offering techniques of learning that are fun and build confidence. The January course is taught by Laura Stanley with Kimberly Bowen assisting. The March course is taught by Kimberly Bowen. Contact Kimberly if you would like more information, or learn more and register on https://www.traininginpower.com/courses/children/.
Sign up for One Week Free Kung Fu!
Kung Fu and Self Defense
Kung Fu classes are held in the recreation hall of Bikur Cholim Machzikay Hadath Synagogue (BCMH), located at 5145 S. Morgan Street, Seattle. Enter driveway on Holly street between 51st and 52nd, drive to the end of the parking lot, enter glass doors, go downstairs. Kung Fu camps and some workshops held at Junhong Kung Fu Club at 5004 S. Genesee St. Men’s and Women’s December Krav Self Defense Series held at Ohr Chadash Synagogue, 6721 51st Ave S.
Kung Fu in the Orca Plus after-school program are held in the cafeteria at Orca K-8, 5215 46th Ave S. Enroll at 6crickets.com (select “Enrichment at my School” to see listing.)
All students must fill out a Registration Form and bring it to your first class. Click here to download the form.
Vacation and Summer Camps
Camps drop off at Junhong Kung Fu Club at 5004 S. Genesee St, Seattle, 98118. Friday pickup at Junhong Kung Fu Club.
Monday-Thursday pickup at BCMH, 5145 S Morgan St.